- Large-scale injection and geological storage of CO2 has been safely performed in saline for more than 15 years and in oil and gas reservoirs for decades.
- Current storage projects have developed and demonstrated comprehensive and thorough approaches to and monitoring.
- The majority of perceived risk in CCS projects is often associated with storage.
- It is important therefore that storage site selection and characterisation begin with the initial concept of a CCS project.
- More effort is needed to foster storage deployment globally, particularly in non-OECD countries. Interest is increasing in the role CO2 EOR may have toward benefiting CCS.
- The Global Status of CCS: 2013
- The Global Status of CCS: 2012
- Evaluating global carbon capture and storage (CCS) communication materials: a survey of global CCS communications
- Social site characterisation: from concept to application. A review of relevant social science literature and a toolkit for social site characterisation
- The Global Status of CCS: 2010